This workshop last a whole morning. During the first part of the workshop, students will learn about writing for the web. These techniques can be applied to contents writing as well as to writing for the other social media.
The second half of the workshop will be dedicated to setting up a blog on one of the free blogging platforms (Blogger or WordPress); selecting a template; posting the About page and posting the two blog posts (with photos) that the student was asked to bring along. Categories and tags will also be explained.
- What is a Blog and why is blogging important?
- Why is writing for the web different?
- Writing to be found
- Keywords and key phrases
- Writing headlines that really work
- Writing intros
- Writing subheadings
- Set up a blog and write blog posts
- Uploading photos to the blog
- The importance of images and good captions
- Hooking up your blog to the agregators (expanding horizons)
- Making sure all your social media are connected to each other
- Basic writing skills are essential
- Computer skills, e-mail, and Internet access required, Depending on venue, a laptop with internet connectivity might be required.
- No previous tertiary qualification required
- We would like students to have some kind of idea of the blog they are going to set up, to think of a title (name for the blog) and to bring along on a memory stick (or on their laptops) two written blog posts (articles for this new blog) as well as a biography about themselves/their organisation of about 250 words each. A portrait of the student – to go with the biography as well as two or three photos to use for the blog would make the blog look great.
Want to Make your Own Blog and Learn Basic Web Writing?
Please use the form below to send an email to the site administrator.